ALMOND ORANGE COOKIES
- 1 cup Ambrosia sliced almonds, roasted
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until almonds are coarsely ground.
- Beat butter at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in sugar, orange zest, extract and salt.
- Gradually beat in flour, just until a stiff dough forms. Stir in almonds.
- Cover and chill dough 1 hour.
- Let dough soften Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned.