Cherry Almond Muffins
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1 cup sliced Ambrosia almonds, roasted
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Blend flour with sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together egg substitute, vanilla almond milk, almond oil and almond extract;
- blend with dry ingredients just until well-incorporated.
- Fold in dried cherries and almonds.
- Spoon into paper-lined muffin pans.
- Bake, 20 to 25 minutes.